Comitato "La Villa Reale è anche mia" - tel +39 039 382147 +39 039 324204
People of local association La Villa Reale e’ anche mia, namely, the Villa Reale belongs to me as well, got together on the occasion of the tender notice to restore and manage the Villa Reale di Monza.
More and more people joined the group that was shortly in a position to collect some 11,000 signatures aimed at opposing the tender. Also, some 100 celebs sent a letter to the President of the Republic to support the petition. We did our best to inform people about the actual meaning of this tender and its negative outcome.
We organized stands, conferences and rallies to make people aware of the fact that citizens, who are almost fully sponsoring the Villa restoration, will not be entitled to enjoy the monument enhancement.
Here are some reasons for opposing:
The Autorità di Vigilanza sui Contratti Pubblici - domestic authority monitoring public contracts - has detected irregular items in the tender in that no mention was made of the specific technical and professional status that is required to participants. In fact, a special official certification to participate to a public tender (SOA) for category OS2 (restoration and maintenance of heritage) is mandatory when renovating historical buildings.
This website also includes:
- the evidence that, via the restricted public tender, public funds are allocated to a private company.
- room for museums and galleries is incidental instead of being the core of the project. It is in fact just part of a wide range of miscellaneous and indefinite purposes mainly of a commercial nature.
- possibility granted to the contractor to sub-contract business management to third parties that may be selected, and welcome, by the contractor itself, instead of being selected through public procedure.
- the agreement appears unlawful in that sole prior authority by the granter is all that the contractor needs to be entitled to utilize the captioned heritage for any and every activities. (In case of lack of response within thirty days, the authority is to be intended as given.) As a matter of fact, in view of the clause described above, the contractor could be entitled to utilize room for housing or resorts.
- public use of the monument would come out as heavily jeopardized.
- too long term, namely 30 years at first, then reduced to 22.
Highlights of the tender.
In 2010 the public consortium managing the Villa Reale – being composed of Ministry for Cultural Heritage, Lombardia Region, Cities of Monza and Milan – decided to commit a private company with the Villa restoration and management. Hence, on March 17, 2010, a private call for bids was issued by Infrastrutture Lombarde S.p.A. - the authority managing the real estate of Lombardia Region.
Through this tender, the winner would be entitled to:
- initiatives carried out by the association
- documents of the tender
- updated story of the sequence of events
Click here for additional information.
This website is also a storage of historical and contemporary documents about Villa Reale di Monza and its Gardens. If you wish to go deeper, you can find interesting documents, some of which are exclusive. Records, designs, deeds and official advices will be shortly available. Specific bibliography and photo gallery complete the documents.
- profit from the considerable public fund allocation of 19 million euro, versus 2 million euro only allocated by the winner, aimed at restoring the building central body,
- arrange the executive design to restore the Villa, without any proper guideline by the consortium,
- manage the Villa Reale for 30 years at a yearly rent of 30,000 euro only. Subsequently these conditions have been amended into 60,000 euro/year and 22 years,
- manage the Villa on its own for the whole year leaving 36 days only to the public consortium.
Search your info in our website utitilizing the internal browser.
Fill in the below box with a word or sentence and click on search.